Sunday, January 30, 2005

Late Resolution

Maybe it's time I make a resolution to play my bass everyday until my forearms start to "feel the burn". I've been playing my guitar more than my bass lately and it's helping me better understand the differences between the two instruments. I think people tend to think the bass must be easier because it has four stings, not six, but I would say it's different, not easier. You can make either instrument as easy or complex as you want. First off, the bass is bigger and heavier and so are its strings, so you need more muscle when you play it. Second, it's usually filling a different role than the guitar does musically and you have to be able to understand that. Anyway, it's all fun and a good way to amuse myself just about anytime at all.

No comments: