Monday, January 10, 2005

Instantly Efficient!

Hmm, must be the new moon in Capricorn or something, but all of a sudden I am getting all kinds of stuff accomplished with a minimum of effort. Awesome!
This morning I got the girl to school with lunch, milk money and snow pants all present and accounted for. Then I paid some bills and dropped stuff off at the lawyer's on the way to the office, where I put in a few productive hours and finished up writing syllabi and calendars for the coming semester. I also ordered course books, which is something you're supposed to do in December and I was hesitant to do this time around since early ordering still resulted in a 6 week wait after the beginning of the semester before the texts came in anyway. I did it today and within the hour got a letter back from the bookstore that the New York distributor had just received a large shipment of the books and they were all available and will be here in time for classes. The prices were even decent. (So new students, go ahead and thank me for saving you from the scalpers at the university bookstore.)
Last semester I came across a very interesting website with lots of material related to pragmatics and speech acts. I emailed the administrator of the site to ask for permission to use the materials in my course and again received a very prompt and positive reply.
Then I went and did some grocery shopping, came home and ate a healthy core plan-ish kind of lunch, relaxed and read a magazine for a while and then went and got the girl from school.
I don't know why, but I suddenly feel energized. Could be the stars. Could be all this healthy eating. Could be the wonderful weekend I spent with my boyfriend. Could just be that it's time for a change.

No comments: