Sunday, December 11, 2005

Decisions, Decisions....

What do I want to be when I grow up? Seems like the question comes around too often. Once again I am beign asked by my school if I will come back and teach again next year (academic 2006-2007). They are not offering my any better deal than I get now. They like the status quo. I like the job well enough but it isn't a fulltime job, nor anything close to a fulltime paycheck. I guess I'll just say yes for now and if something better comes along between now and next September I can let them know. It's not like I ever sign an actual contract with them and even tenured profs have been known to give notice in July.
I feel like this year just started but the truth is that I'll be giving finals this week. The semester is done. In retrospect it looks like both classes have made progress. It's always easier to see that with the elementary students because they go from zero to something. I like both groups of students this semester. That helps. I guess it's okay. I guess I'm doing okay. Work is okay. My private life still has some annoyances, but on the whole it is so much better than okay and it's so much easier for me to see the annoyances for the minor issues they are than it was a year ago. I used to spend so much time thinking I was so much to blame. Now the more time passes, the clearer it becomes that I am not the one in the wrong and I am not the one to blame.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Me either. Everything else I blame on the dog. :)