Friday, October 07, 2005

Bearish on Tiger

A couple of weeks ago I did something I may not have ever done before. I purchased a system upgrade for my Mac iBook. I had been running OS10.2.8 for a long while now and when my beta version of iChat got all wonky on me I decided to shell out $104 and see what all the Tiger fuss was about.
It looks cool. The widgets are kind of groovy and there is even a sudoku widget that pauses the stopwatch when you leave the widget interface and starts it back up when you resume. I suppose iPhoto and Garageband are better, but I haven't had much time to use them yet.
There are a few things that just out and out piss me off though. First is that I have to manually connect to my wireless connection everytime I startup the machine or wake it up from sleep. My preferences settings are such that it shoudl just find and join the network, but it doesn't. The other annoying thing is that mails sent from one of my non-primary email accounts in Mail automatically get a reply address to my primary account. I don't know why that's happening either. It didn't happen with OS10.2.8.
So, I'm not finding this new OS the most convenient thing to use, but I'll stick with it since I have it.

No comments: