Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Rocking a Tuesday Night

Sis and I went to Portsmouth to see Shuttlecock and Commando Baby (where's your website, guys?) at the Muddy River last night. There wasn't a big crowd, seeing as how it was a regular Tuesday night and the gig hadn't been really publicized much. I knew about it because Sis had been in to get lunch at the downtown eatery where half of Commando Baby works and they told her they were playing.
So, the scene was mellow enough. Shuttlecock played first in what was a short, kind of weird(er than usual for them) set. They played more of their newer songs and did a couple of new covers. There was a very earnest rendition of their world wide hit "You Suck Big Dick Die" and I can only say that any man who can stand up on stage and scream "I have the biggest penis you have ever seen" (whether it's true or not, I don't know) and not have shit thrown at him is either among friends or possibly deaf people.
Commando Baby "headlined" and they sounded really good. The best of the three times I've seen them. Sure, my attention was at times drawn to the mullet dude in the orange t-shirt who was trying to use hand signals to order women out onto the dance floor with him but he was eventually kicked out of the place once the bouncer noticed him bothering too many of the women there.
I came home smelling smokey as hell, but that's what happens when you go hang out in bars. Also met some new Bolt fans and it seems like a resurrection may be in the works.

No comments: