Monday, July 14, 2003

And Another Thing... or two

The Sears Technicians who delivered and installed our new washer and dryer (which work great, by the way) connected the hoses wrong so the hot water was feeding into the washer's cold water intake and vice versa. When I called the Sears Customer Service line to ask about the steaming hot clothes coming out of the washer the woman there advised me to check the water lines. I told her our washer was installed by Sears Technicians. She told me hers were too and they had screwed hers up that way. No lie. And she was right about ours.
Oh, and the phone calls. "Hello this is Sears and why haven't you bought repair protection plans for all your appliance? If it breaks and we have to come out there it's gonna cost you a lot so why don't you just pay us now since you know it'll be breaking before the warranty ends anyway." Next time this happens I'll have to stop hyperventilating long enough to say "Please take me off your call list." I'm almost afraid they'll say no and point out that somewhere I have signed away my right not to be harrassed by Sears.

No comments: