Saturday, January 04, 2003

It's a new year so it's time for a new look to the blog.
Started the year off in what's got to be one of the corners of purgatory-- the old people talking of hospitals and aiments corner. I don't think I really have any age-ist issues to work out. It just bores me to tears to have to spend day after day hearing the recitation of it all. I end up looking at the experience as a chance to maintain a calm heart. Like it's some sort of zen test. Hey, it may well be my substitute for the New Year practice in the river ritual I did back when I was living and breathing for karate. Overcoming fear and reluctance by force of will. Ten minutes in a freezing river, four days at the inlaws. It's all the same thing. I brought a book and a knitting project and was able to occupy myself staying "in" on things in physical presence, if not in mind.
Time for resolution making. Better start with the usual ones about exercising and not becoming a total hog. Practice bass more so that I can be where I want to be with it when I get back to NH and my band! Write more (this applies to everything: blogging, mail, songs, essays, etc.) Take time and chances as they come; don't go chasing.

No comments: