Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Rabbit, Rabbit

We got the snow overnight and all schools relevant to my life cancelled classes for today. None of that stopped me from being wide awake at 6:20 this morning. One advantage I can see to this early rising habit is that I can satisfy my desire to pam about for 2 or 3 hours and still be ready to be useful at a reasonable morning hour. I've already finished up one knitting project (a felted bag) and went back to re-adjust another one (felted slipper) this morning. I have a couple more I am working on that could be finished up fairly soon if I'm diligent with them, which would leave me free to pursue new spring projects.
I've been battling late winter blahs recently. I think everyone around here does once winter starts in on its 4th month with no signs of stopping, plenty of snow on the ground and temperatures consistently a good ten degrees below the average for this time of year. My crafting kind of dropped off after the holiday rush to get present projects completed, but I think that's one of the things that helps me un-blah myself, so I'm heading back to it.
I remember feeling like March was all a bit too much to take last year. I don't know if it's the astrological influence of the sun in pisces or just the long New England winter, but I always feel mental in March.

No comments: