Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Life is ...

I'm not sure how many of you are familiar with the Life is Good brand that originates from here in New England. It's very popular around these parts and every day you'll see the crunchy, happy stick figures and loopy hand lettering somewhere on a t-shirt, a baseball cap, a sweatshirt or even tire covers. At first it was cute. Then it got kind of hokey and now it's pretty much overplayed.
In downtown Portsmouth today I spied something similar but oh so much better and ever so appropriate for my boyfriend, who was suffering a rather crappy day that started with his car not doing the same. I strode right on into the store and laid down some cash to get him this shirt. When I picked him up from work, I handed him the bag and said I found something to suit his day. The grin that spread across his face when he looked at it was the best thing I saw all day.

No comments: