Sunday, January 28, 2007

Red Scarf Project

redscarf.jpg
redscarf.jpg,
originally uploaded by bassbot.
I'm probably too late in mentioning this to anyone else who wants to participate, but today I finished my scarf for the Red Scarf Project. Since I work with college students I see how hard the adjustment to college life can be sometimes, even for the kids who have families to give them support. The Red Scarf Project is a way to offer a little encouragement to young adults who have aged out of the foster care system and are attending college without the family support so many others are fortunate to have. I think this is now becoming an annual event, so if you'd like to participate but missed it this time around, keep an eye out for information about the 2008 project. I think the announcement comes out in August or September. (btw, the awesomely cute wrapper for the scarf was courtesy of Melissa, who has many wonderful things related to this project on her blog.)
(ps: don't tell anyone, but I didn't even block the scarf after I finished it. It's made with a machine washable wool blend and I think it looked ok even without blocking. sshhhhhhh.)

No comments: