Friday, February 14, 2003

Even though I love to bitch and moan about the entrance exam marking experience, I have to admit it's kind of fun. The marking itself can even be rather entertaining because of some of the interesting turns of phrases students come up with and the insight into high school kids psyches.
The real fun though is in spending time with the other teachers. For most of the year I only see the other teachers in my own department or those who on the same campus. During the marking period I also get to spend time with the teachers from the main campus departments. That's when I start to realize that this job has allowed me to meet, work and make connections with people from around the world, not just Japan. I think I will miss that in NH. Or maybe it's just something I'm going to have to seek out or create for myself.

No comments: