Monday, October 06, 2008




Last Saturday I did something that I haven't done on a weekend in quite a long time-- went out and had fun with a group friends. (Wow. The simple fact of writing that and realizing it's true kind of makes me sad.) Anyway, we all gathered at our gracious hostess' house to dye yarn. If you aren't a knitter or other yarn junkie that probably sounds just plain weird, but it was actually a blast. It takes quite a bit of time and the actual dyeing is messy and definitely best done outside. I never got around to researching techniques or planning out what kind of color combinations I wanted to use so I ended up being pretty spontaneous with it. Of the four skeins I dyed, I am pretty happy with three of them. The fourth, a sock blank, came out kind of stupid looking but I'm hoping once it's wound into a skein it will look better.

5 comments:

Mychawd said...

I think the blank looks awesome! and yes I've started my socks. Have you?

annieB said...

You know where to find me if you ever feel like getting rid of that GORGEOUS red yarn....

Pam said...

I just finally wound the skeins this afternoon. I like how they look as little yarn cakes. Not sure if I should wind the sock blank into two balls or not.
I did cast on with the red yarn for some Evangeline fingerless gloves. I think the toasty red-orange color will keep me even warmer.

Heidi said...

i think that's cool. not weird at all. :)

Pam said...

Heidi, you should join us for the next one. It's tentatively going to happen next spring.