Saturday, December 16, 2006

The Big Move Part One is Done

Today was The Big Day, the day wonderful boyfriend moved all his stuff out of his apartment and into the house. We had a small crew of friends and family to help with moving the furniture and we were done with that part of things much earlier than I expected.
In the month since the house became ours we have gotten the electrical systems updated, replaced the leaking washing machine faucet, replaced the dryer vent with a new one, graded the yard along the foundation on the back side of the house, ripped out and disposed of all the carpet in the downstairs, painted two bedrooms and part of the living room, taken down an overgrown shrub that became a tree flanking the driveway, replaced the ceiling fan in the upstairs bathroom and probably other stuff I can't think of right now. My boyfriend has handled most all of the mechanical side of things and I am the painter. Not a totally shabby accomplishment in a month of working on the house after work and on the weekends.
The house looks good with furniture in it. The girl and I were back over this evening to hang out and eat mini moes, chips and cookies leftover from the moving crew's lunch. The girl wanted us to stay over too, but that would have meant sleeping out in the living room and after the hectic pace of the last few days I am really looking forward to a good night's sleep in my own familiar and comfy bed. I'm planning for the girl and me to move in sometime next month. I know the house is going to provide us with months and probably years of projects to accomplish. But it's already starting to feel like home. I'm looking forward to when the three of us (well, four if you count the dog) are all calling it home for real.

No comments: