Tuesday, June 10, 2003

It's confirmed-- I live in Tick Central. I know because I live around the corner from the guy who invented and sells Ticked Off(tm) - World's Simplest Tick Remover(tm). It's the guy with the oxen and the chickens and the big compost piles. I recognized the address from the back of the package.
I have been taking at least three ticks a day off the dog and one every couple of days off myself or Rachel. (And yes, I do use Frontline on the dog.) I got my Ticked Off tick remover when I was at the animal shelter on Monday and I thought I'd be using it on the dog first, but I ended up debuting the tool by removing a small deer tick from my inner elbow Monday night. It hurt because the tick was kind of in there, but it was definitely better than dealing with it with tweezers.
Ticks are disgusting. I thought about trying to take a photo of one since I encounter so many in the course of a day, but they're so nasty that I wouldn't have the patience. If you're not familiar with ticks, you're lucky. This site will tell you a little bit about them.

No comments: