Thursday, June 05, 2003

I don't miss the Japanese Rainy Season. All that humidity and mold sometimes growing inside deep closets and on leather as well. Yuck.
It rains here all the time now too, but they just call it Spring. I got to go play in the spring mud today because Shiro brought me a mountain bike from the Goodwill yesterday. It's got a decent Taiwanese frame, low-end Shimano components, and a comfortable saddle, all for the low, low price of $15. Rachel and I went for a ride after school yesterday and saw a fox run across the road.
It rained hard last night and today is cool and drizzly. The dishes in the sink weren't going anywhere and Shiro won't be back until 2, so I decided to go visit Stef doing her chores at the horse farm down the street. I went down Old Garrison Road, which is actually quite road-like at the far end and all mud and puddles on this end. I put on some waterproof wear and went for it. Got good and dirty and remembered how free it feels to ride downhill on a muddy dirt road, never touching the brakes.

No comments: