Thursday, September 08, 2005

Overload

Sometimes the clamor in my head is just deafening. Court divorce custody foreign bank accounts bills school translating remittance fees business brochures family health prescriptions doctor appointments phone calls xray films counseling homework assignments grading lesson plans and that's the stuff that I need to take care of and doesn't include the things I like to think about like my boyfriend, knitting, food, books, my dog, music, napping and breakfast at Harvey's with my sister.
I haven't even dared to write a list of all the crap I'm dealing with right now. I'm too afraid so I keep track of it all in my head. I don't even make little categories or anything. It just swirls and somehow in the course of each day I deal with everything that must be dealt with that day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean.

I fear my head would explode right off of my shoulders if I sat and actually wrote a list of everything I should be keeping track of/accomplishing right now.

the one phrase that keeps me hanging on most days:
"worry is a debt paid in advance, on a bill you may never owe."

Pam said...

That's a great saying! I'll try to keep it in mind.