Thursday, December 18, 2003

Finally finally finally

I was in Best Buy yesterday to pick up some DVDs I had ordered online and couldn't resist poking around. To be honest, it was the first time I'd ever been in there, which is really odd considering that visiting electronics stores was one of my hobbies when I was living in Japan. Not only did I leave with my DVDs, I also splurged on a RCA wireless speaker and transmitter set as an early holiday present to all of us. I didn't even wait for any suitable holiday, I just set it up as soon as I got home. No, I couldn't even wait the 2 days until Hanukkah (which starts tomorrow). I really can't tell you why it took me so long to make that purchase. Guess it just seemed like such a luxury. It's a lot easier for me to spend money on other people than on myself.
Now these speakers are not exactly masterpieces of high fidelity sound, but the wireless part was too cool to pass up. I can connect the transmitter to my computer or my iPod and put the speakers anywhere in the house, which is pretty damn cool. Can even put them out on the back deck when the summertime comes back around. What I'd like to do now is get more wireless speakers so I can put some upstairs and in the living room.

No comments: