Saturday, October 04, 2003

Washout and Creep Out!

We got to the Apple Harvest Day festivities just before 3pm today, just in time to watch all the vendors packing up in a hurry after spending a cool and soggy day in downtown Dover. I heard them calling to each other with relief in their voices, "They said we can pack up and go now!"
The Apple Harvest Day activities sure appeared to be a washout, but at least I was able to catch The Crimson Ghosts playing at Atomic. The Crimson Ghosts were very cool-- an instrumental, surf rock trio playing Misfits songs. How f*cking cool is that?!?!
I'm thinking about picking up one of their cds as good Halloween tuneage, but I'm also kind of waiting to check out Dan Blakeslee's Halloween cd, too. I met him for the first time the other day at Atomic when I was in getting my hair trimmed. That guy is a ball of energy-- one of those people who is probably seriously magical and not entirely of this realm. There's a nice article about him here in the Spotlight, of all places. The Great Pumpkin is probably watching out over the whole thing at this point.

No comments: