Thursday, December 26, 2002

Have decided to take up jumping rope as my exercise form of choice for a while. It's cheap. Doesn't take much space to do. Burns a lot of calories in a relatively short period of time. And boxers do it so it's cool.
Luckily Rachel's around to jump with so I don't have to feel like some sort of social mutant here while I jump rope in the bike parking lot area of outside our building. I jumped with her last weekend and thought I was gonna die because it's really hard. And the next day my calves were screaming, the muscles in my feet hurt and my lower abs were aching. Good stuff.
Today was a little better and I finally am getting the hang of the boxer shuffle jump. It looks cooler than the basic two footed hop and it'll probably be more easier to deal with aerobically once I get the hang of it. Rachel broke it down for me and taught me how to do it. That's cool. I have 3 months before we move back to the States and I'm gonna get myself back in shape before I get there. I only have 8 more days of classes before I'm done with that and then there's just the week or so to grade entrance exams in Kyoto in February.

No comments: