Sunday, March 13, 2005

Plop, Plop, Plop

Here it is, spring break and I have been waylaid by a nasty cold. I rarely get sick during the semester. I'm too busy to get sick then. But ever since college my body has had a knack for getting sick as soon as finals end or a vacation begins. I'm not so sick that I can't take care of myself or my girl, but I feel like hell. I can't smell anything and therefore have no appetite. When I do eat I feel okay while I'm eating but kind of sick not long after, which makes me not so eager to do that again the next time. I'm dizzy and tired. It's warm enough that the snow is melting and the roads are clear and it's probably one of the last days it will be possible to play out in the snow before this all becomes messy mud world, but I just can't do it. So basically I'm stuck inside watching the snow melt off the trees. It almost looks like it's snowing again, but in bigger, soggy clumps. The sun has come out and there are breaks in the clouds. The sky looks like spring and the snow looks kind of funny. A month from now it'll be gone. At least I hope it will.
In the meantime, I will sit here and be sick, plan some dinner menus for the week and make a shopping list to gear up for my big energy expenditure of the day, which will be facing the supermarket. God, how exciting can it get?

No comments: